Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Arrival in South Korea


Having been delayed in Chicago by eight hours by aircraft maintenance problems, we spent our journey's first night in the Nikko hotel in Tokyo, Japan.

We rose early on April 3 to catch our Asiana Air flight to Seoul/Incheon airport.  We were met by District 3620 Assistant governor Jong-Hwan, Jeong and our interpreter.

We grabbed lunch and drove to the city of Seo-San.  There Team Leader Lee met the Mayor of Seo-San while the team saw a presentation about the city.  We also met the GSE Team from District 6690 from Ohio.  We'll be sharing our Korean visit with this team.

Following our visit to City Hall, we got better acquainted with our fellow GSE Team, met our first host families and had a wonderful Korean dinner.  We then departed for our first home stay.

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone, this is Adriane, Tyel's wife. I am so happy to hear you all made it in safely my thoughts and prayers are with you all. I'm not sure when he'll be able to contact us but I wanted to send him love, hugs and may kisses from me and the children. I pray you all have a wonderful time and traveling mercies upon you all!!

    ReplyDelete